- Tell the abuser to leave you alone
- Give you possession of the house and force the abuser to leave (ask the court to have the sheriff send someone home with you to enforce this part of the order)
- Make the abuser give decent alternate housing for a spouse, former spouse, or parent and children
- Give you temporary custody of your children and award you temporary support payments from the abuser and set temporary visitation rights
- Order help getting personal property of the victim
- Order the abuser to go to counseling
- Lead to your abuser’s arrest if he breaks the order
Whether a judge orders any or all of the above depends on the facts of your case.