How do I change or extend my protection order?

Temporary Protection Orders can also be made permanent. You should see your shelter, victim advocate or a lawyer if you need further help.

If your abuser violates the order by not paying support for yourself or your minor children, do not call the police. You can file an action for contempt or garnishment with the court. An action for contempt is a legal procedure to get the court to make him obey the order. An action for garnishment asks the court to take money for support directly out of his/her paycheck.

Atlanta Victim Assistance, Inc. does not discriminate against or harass any employee, applicant for employment or any potential recipient of services because of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal or state law.

© 2017