What can I do if the abuser violates the order?

First call the Sheriff’s Office or police and report that you have a Temporary Protection Order, and that the abuser is still bothering you. Tell the police what happened. If the police refuse to arrest him, take the officer’s name and ask to speak to his superior.

Violation of a Temporary Protection Order can be a felony offense under the stalking law.